Unlock the unique potential of each individual at work
Virtual Transforming Meetings Programme
Who is it for?
Leaders who want to increase the effectiveness of meetings.
- Either in business
- Or leaders in education, healthcare or other non-profits (e.g. NGOs)
How will it help me?
Meetings held in a Thinking Environment deliver a wide range of benefits, including:
- Produce a measurable, positive impact on the performance indicators of organisations
- Generate better ideas, solutions and decisions
- Create an environment in which people feel valued and equal
- Achieve resolution faster
- Give rise to greater participation and involvement from everyone
- Foster productive working relationships (1)
In order to sustain success, organisations must unlock the unique potential of each individual at work. Getting the best from people means getting their best thinking. This focus on enhancing how people think, rather than what people do, is essential and very different from most conventional CPD.
This programme is virtual in two senses: it happens over Zoom; and it equips you to run virtual meetings well. The origin of this programme was in-person and its insights remain relevant also for face-to-face meetings.
During the programme we will cover the following
- Thinking PairsTM
- Open discussions
- The Time To Think CouncilTM
- Putting it together in a ‘transformed meeting’
Timescale: The programme takes place over one day or two consecutive half days. Dates as separately published. Course timings vary:
- Full day: 0900-1600
- Or two consecutive days: 0915-1230 or 1515-1830
Other programme details:
- Facilitated by Nick Chatrath
- On Zoom, so you can join from anywhere in the world
- 5-8 participants; significant time given to addressing individual questions
- Transforming Meetings is a programme developed by Time To Think Ltd, an organisation pioneered and led by Nancy Kline, author of More Time To Think
When I have run this programme over Zoom, it has received rave reviews and delivered significant benefits to participants.
The investment level for this programme, excluding local taxes, is:
- Business: £429 per head, or £2.5k for a block-booked programme for up to 8 people.
- Education, healthcare and other non-profits: £197 per head, or £1.2k for a block-booked programme for up to 8 people.
Contact me to sign up or explore further.
“Nick’s Thinking Environment programme really helped my firm’s thinking and makes our meetings more productive. Simple, logical, energetic and in a nice environment.”
~ Victor Chua, Founding Partner, Mansfield Advisors LLP
“The most valuable experience for me was experiencing (not just hearing about) the power of appreciation. It totally transforms group’s dynamics and it is far more powerful than traditional feedback.
Another valuable session was the importance of giving a full opportunity to a speaker to finish their thought. I have also discovered the power of a silence in presenting.”
~ Anastasia Maximova, HR and Office Manager, Mansfield Advisors LLP
“I gained so much value from the training and feel inspired and passionate about the premise of allowing people to think. I also wanted to give you appreciation, so thanks for being so non-judgemental and friendly, and thereby creating a safe space for others to reflect and learn in. It felt to me like you are genuinely living and breathing the principle of the training and that you are sharing this with equals and not as the distanced expert.“
~ Stefanie Mueller, Janssen (part of J&J)
Education, healthcare and other non-profit
“The Thinking Environment in meetings has transformed the culture of our school … and our governor meetings were awful, but then you sorted them out and now they are delightful.“
~ Tracey Smith, Headteacher, New Marston Primary School
“I am not generally a fan of training. This training challenged my objectives of any meeting to aim for maximising the collective thinking and not just progressing the agenda as quickly as possible”
~ Brian Wilkinson, Head of Network Development, Viva (charity)
“The training provided me with an excellent opportunity to not only think about my own thinking but consider how to develop others’ thinking in a range of meeting situations. It has encouraged me to improve agendas through questions and to make time in meetings to introduce structures and tools to guide and support thinking at a deeper level. It was interesting to stop and reflect on how by using simple techniques such as appreciation you can quite literally transform the tone and direction of a meeting. I am looking forward to seeing what impact this has on the quality of thinking and therefore the impact on school improvement. I also think there will be benefits in terms of building the staff team and developing the overall culture of the school.“
~ Gillian Standing, Co-Headteacher, Wheatley C of E Primary School
“The programme has helped me to lead meetings and listen more effectively, impacting both on my professional and personal life. I have applied the principles and structures to a number of meetings since attending the programme. As a result, our quality of discussion is richer, there is greater balance in who contributes and for how long, and we generate ideas and solutions to problems more efficiently.“
~Jake Jones, Deputy Headteacher, The Marlborough School (Secondary)
“The training has given me new confidence to express my own thoughts and armed me with the tools to get the best out of colleagues in meetings.
I love the way the training graciously affirmed me, and empowered me to be a great thinker and listener.
The training is a revelation – and that’s because it’s so simple!”
~ Andrew Dubock, Communications Manager, Viva (charity)
(1) Research conducted by Emily Havers MSc, University of Portsmouth. This study interviewed 15 senior officers from 11 organisations on 3 continents.